Friday, December 24, 2010

Decision PointsDecision Points by George W. Bush

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I loved this book. I went away from reading this book completely inspired to fulfil my mission in life and to make the tough decisions.

I was thrilled to learn about the path his personal education took. He followed the principles of the Thomas Jefferson Education. There were many aspects of his education that I plan to take my kids through. It was powerful to see it in action. If you are unable to read this whole book I would recommend the chapter on his education.

I think this is a great auto/biography to have young adults read. Not only is it inspiring to read about a great man but this book is also filled with information on current trends and social issues as well as a historical record from his 8 years in office.

This book flowed well, it was well-written and witty. I highly recommend this to Bush, history and biography lovers out there.



View all my reviews

4 comments:

mama of many said...

Love your blog! I might have to pick this up and try it. We need to have a conversation about Pres. Bush. I guess I am a hard core conspiracy believer....so...I don't know how I feel about the man. Truth is so hard to find in politics.

crazy4boys said...

My husband just got this for Christmas. I'll make sure to read it too!

Mrs.Smith said...

We need to have a little talk about secret combinations and corruption in politics. Or maybe not. People who feel as passionately as I know we both do about politics... Well, it might be a difficult conversation and I like you a lot.
:)
Thankfully this is neither the time nor place. I'll just give a little amen about truth being hard to find in politics.

Curls said...

I really dislike George Bush, but then it would be interesting to read his biography. I agree with Mrs. Smith on secret combinations though this isn't the place to have a full discussion of it.